Featured Post

Rockin Autism Family

Monday, April 23, 2018

Sensory Playtime

        
      I know you can relate to this.  You know your kiddo needs some sensory input and lets face it, you get tired of providing it all on your own at home.  Next best thing is to take them somewhere else to get it!  Yes folks, I did it!  I took the little guy with the help from his big brother to Bounce Bounce.  Walking in I immediately thought, what was I thinking.  They have no easy way to get special needs families in quickly so we waited in line which was very time consuming while your child is pointing and saying, " Crane game" over and over.  Finally we get to counter and explain our kiddo has autism and I want to stay clear of the hamster ball in water so he wont have major meltdown.  I am then told I first must go back to another line to sign waiver form on a computer then stand back in line to pay.  "WTH,"  I called first and was told nothing of this.  I then do as asked with said kiddo freaking out over this crane game.  I go back to line and I am ready to pay.  I am asked if he can tolerate socks or can he not wear them and does he need some.  I let them know he has socks on and there is no problem.  So we are set!  We stop to play this crane game first, thanks kids you tube....  We enter in which immediately it starts.  He seen the birthday parties going on and wanted the cupcakes.  I get him pass that and get shoes off.  Now we are set and ready to have fun!  We enter an area where kids are running back and forth and jumping.  We get a good ways in then an employee stops me to say we cannot be in there with our socks on we need their socks with grips on.  I feel it right then and there.  You know that immediate break out of sweat because you know darn well what is about to happen trying to get your child outta there and back up front for some da#$ socks!  Yep folks, full fledged meltdown which had my oldest hauling him outside to calm him while I get these golden socks.  I explained how agitated I was and what this caused.  They clearly should not have asked a newby do we need socks.  What should have been said was we needed socks with grips and if we don't have any they have them there.  I buy the socks and we get them on and eventually end up back inside. By then I have spent $30 and I am frustrated but determined to let my lil' man have some fun!  We find a different spot and thank the autism gods he had a blast!  He jumped and ran and climbed for a full hour.  He moved so fast he was a blur in my camera.... Lol  Moral of this story is, it can be rough and you might want to turn and run but, stick it out!  Your kiddo deserves it.  Any of you had one of "those days"?  Tell us about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment