Featured Post

Rockin Autism Family

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Meltdown City



Have you ever felt like your over the ups and downs of meltdowns then, BAM!  You get smacked with not one but several in a week and your wishing you had a nice bottle of wine handy?  We had a rough week with my little guy and yet, he had some of his best moments.  He was introduced to three new students in his class this week and he had a dental visit, along with loosing a tooth a couple hours after!  The teachers got to deal with a few at school, the bus driver rushed him home before all others dealing with one, here at home I got the very cranky, upset for everything little boy.  I was so proud of him at his dentist appointment.  For the first time ever he sat without me holding him down and got x-rays.  I asked them to explain to him what was going to be done and he did it.  He whimpered and even told me, "SCARED."  I was so happy he spoke and so proud he expressed feelings.  He got his exam and did a cleaning.  As soon as we got home he lost a tooth!  Gotta laugh at that!  I think its possible to ride autism like a train.  You see, we all seem to get on at one stop and jump off at another.  I think we all should hang on together and enjoy the ride.  Might as well have margaritas along the way!  Any of you having a bumpy ride this week?  Tell us about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment