Featured Post

Rockin Autism Family

Monday, June 11, 2018

Sailing Angels




    This past weekend we went on a relaxing sailing trip with Sailing Angels.  The opportunity was given to us by my son's speech therapist and it turned out to be amazing!  I started prepping Little A for the trip two days prior.  Mentioning we would go on a boat Saturday.  I was a bit skeptical on how this whole journey would go.  Reason being when I mentioned boat I would get a scream and a "NO BOAT!"  This is where his anxiety kicks in and I have to sit back and let him work thru it.  On the said day the morning went smoothly and we headed to Kemah without a hitch.  He has always been a really great travel buddy so the drive was nice.  
       Things changed when we got there.  It was like a different child exited my car.  He was alert and responsive to my prattling on about the days activities.  I introduced myself to a Sailing Angel Volunteer and she very sweetly asked Little A his name.  Do you know my mostly non verbal child looked at her and said, "Anthony!"  After I picked my jaw off the floor and gained composure I explained to her he has never done that before.  He wasn't done there.  Oh no, he blew my mind again by doing it repeatedly and also responded to me asking what we were going on.  I got boat from him and before you knew it my day was made before we even started off.  
     The whole trip was simply wonderful and the volunteers were amazing. We had so much fun and he was happy the whole way thru.  These people do something so special for our kiddos.   They run off donations so I will leave link. If you are able donate please do so.  The smile on these kiddos faces was evident.  It was nice to get out as a family and do something we all enjoyed.  I really was in awh of the whole day.  The calmness that overcame my special guy was noticeable.  Our kiddos know how to astonish us daily and seeing that smile on his face was all I needed to make my day.  If you would like more information on the organization comment below or email me.  Another reminder shirt sales end in three days so get one while they last. I will leave link for that also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment