Featured Post

Rockin Autism Family

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Support Team

I couldn't say this enough to anyone that will listen.  In fact, cover your ears if I am too loud, I'm screaming it loudly!  Every autism family needs a great support team.  This can include family, friends, doctors, therapist, teachers, and random strangers that will listen and understand.  I happen to have a pretty great support team.  I am that hands on (muduh) that makes a point to talk, ask questions, and just be in your face when it concerns my kiddo.  I have made it a mission in my home to make any therapist that dare venture into the door to include them as family.  I openly explain to them they are probably the only adult conversation I get and therefor will get an ear full.  I am on first name basis with his doctors and I can honestly say I can have anything handled with a phone call.  The school knows my face, my name, my phone call, and probably my handwriting!  My family is the strongest part of my support team.  My point to this rambling on is to tell you we all need it.  If you don't have this ask for help.  Seriously,  read our blogs, email any of us in the autism community.  Reach out to any one of us and you will find we are all here for you.  We are in this together.  We have either been there, on our way there or we are just plain understanding to your plight.  In fact, some of us have amazing suggestions on how to help. Or maybe you just want an ear.  I've got that if nothing else.  Who on your team has made things so much easier?  Tell us about it and let us smile with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment